“This house, constructed in 1882 for Henry George is an excellent example of an intact polychrome, single storey terrace house. In the central window there are intact etched ruby glazing sidelights divided from the central pane by colonnettes. Surmounting the door is a dentillated transom bar supported by ancones. The fanlight with Hinton Villa partially obscured, is intact as are the sidelights. The lower glass beside the door has been replaced.
There is an ogee profile corrugated verandah roof surmounted by an exceptionally high cement rendered parapet (with some original creamy coloured paint remining). The parapet is composed of a frieze with paterae between acanthus brackets, a cornice, then a large central pedimental motif with a square sectioned balustrade on either side and the urns on top. A central motif with elaborate scallop shell, vermiculation and a segmental pediment is capped by an acroterion.
An interior inspection was refused” (North Fitzroy Conservation Study, 1978) Glossary)