This house was built for Herbert Tabner as a brick house with four rooms, worth 22 pounds in 1901. The original occupant was a lawyer, Robert Smyth Moore (Fitzroy Ratebook 1901).
“This single storey terrace house was probably constructed in 1901. The façade is intact with colonettes and etched glass side lights to the central window and a dentillated transom bar surmounting the door. The verandah, with an ogee profile roof, is decorated by an elaborate, late cast iron frieze with brackets. The parapet is supported on a cornice terminated by projecting heads at either end. The pediment motif is ornate with a name plate with ‘Fashoday’ in relief, an elaborate scallop shell, roundels in relief around the archivolt and an acroterion, scrolls and draped urns. The double palisade cast iron fence is intact. The whole effect is lush but the composition is not as balanced or refined as 77 McKean Street.“(North Fitzroy Conservation Study 1978) (Glossary)