223 McKean Street, Fitzroy North (Cameron House)

“This two storey house was erected in 1885 for Mr. Albert Lee Tucker, a prominent citizen of Fitzroy. It is of a simple massive composition with a projecting wing terminated by a polygonal bay. This bay is modelled by stringcourses at two levels: the dividing line and at the line of the arch springing of the arch headed windows. The balcony cast iron work is of a refined pattern, and the ogee profile roof has remnants of original striped roof colours. The chimneys have been altered and the fence replaced.” (North Fitzroy Conservation Study, 1978, p.107) Glossary)

Google Image – Dec 2020

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: