187 Napier St, Fitzroy (Stone’s Timer Yard)

Stone’s Timber Yard, filled the block bounded by Young, Napier, Condell and Charles streets until their demolition in 1968. The Timber yard covered the area where the right of way is and the Acacia Fitzroy Creche, and prior to the Atherton Gardens development, Young St continued south.

A similar image was taken by K J Halla in 1963.
Image held by Fitzroy Library. Photographer and date unknown.
Image held by Fitzroy Library. Napier Street, Timber Mill forming part of the Stone Estate, at the South Wall of the Town Hall, Fitzroy. 1948

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: