Property purchased by Vicpar for redevelopment; demolished 1972. .
One of five houses in Victoria Parade purchased by Vicpar in 1972 for redevelopment, all were demolished.
Yet to do the research on this house in George St, Fitzroy
It is believed this building was build c. 1850. In January 1886, a case was heard to ‘purify the social atmosphere’ when “Louise Seal appeared on summons charged with being the occupier of a house frequented by people having no lawful viable means of support.” The houses in question were 17 and 19 Napier StreetContinue reading “17-19 Napier St, Fitzroy”
Section of Falconer Terrace, Napier Street Fitzroy. Built in stages between 1866 – 1884.
The Fitzroy Library was officially opened to the public on 17 July 1877 by the then Mayor, Cr. Sam Lyons J.P. In 1888, work began on the southern wing and reopened in 1890. “The most imposing structure in Fitzroy city – as it should be, we suppose – is undoubtedly the town hall, on theContinue reading “201 Napier St, Fitzroy (Fitzroy Town Hall and Library)”
Dr Edward Bonaventure Heffernan’s house at 8 Brunswick St Fitzroy. Built in c.1895 and demolished in 1956. It was known as Como-villa (The Argus, 25 Sep 1880, p.5) Edward Bonadveture Heffernan (Doctor) “Edward was born in Melbourne, Victoria, on 2nd November, 1852. His father Mr. James Heffernan, of Cork County, Ireland, a gentleman of means,Continue reading “8-20 Brunswick St, Fitzroy (Como-villa)”