9 John Street, Fitzroy

“Originally built as a boot factory in 1888, John Guest had the factory for less than 10 years before it was taken over by the Atlas Boot Manufacturing Co., with John Peddie as the manager. In April 1902, the factory was taken over by E. Jewell after two different occupiers. Mr. Jewell was a manufacturer of men’s & women’s lace shoes, carpet and leather slipper. His manufacturing plant was driven by a Melbourne-built “Victory” gas engine. Mr Jewell remained at the site until about 1941, when it was taken over by the current occupiers, mannequin model makers, Mei & Picchi.” Lina Favrin – Yarra Past Port

Guest’s Boot Factory, 9 John Street – Fitzroy Industrial Walk
Google image Jul 2019

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: