“This elaborate two storey terrace, constructed in 1884, has many features typical of the 1880’s. It comprises an elaborate rendered finish over a fairly standard terrace shell with a projecting ground floor bay window. The first floor as a triple arcuated window design which echoes the ground floor large central window with separate small side windows. The elaborate parapet is balustraded at the sides flanking a triangular pediment, all supporting urns. The projecting wing walls with pilasters create a verandah enclosure. The cast iron verandah decoration is also elaborate with unusual iron work, particularly the brackets. The balustrade iron panels are identical to those used on 78 Rose Street and the design appeared in William Stephens Excelsior Foundry Catalogue of 1901. A secondary frieze is enclosed within timber bressumers. The building is intact including double palisaded iron fence and elaborate iron posts. It forms a major streetscape element and relates well to neighbouring dwelling” North Fitzroy Conservation Study 1978l (Glossary)
The house was first owned by William Teague, a contractor (Fitzroy Ratebooks 1884).