68 Leicester Street, Fitzroy

“This is another two-storied boot factory typical of the medium-sized boot factories that flourished in Fitzroy between 1880 and the 1930s. The building was completed in August 1902 for for G. Burston & F. Treleaven, a bootmaking firm and the company continued operating the factory until the 1930s. . In 1941, the building was listed as containing “apartments”, but by 1951 it was again in use as a factory, with the Gordon Cardboard Box Co. as occupiers.” Lina Favrin – Yarra Past Port

Google Image – Jan 2021
Burston & Treleaven’s Boot Factory, 68 Leicester Street (cnr. Fitzroy St.) – Fitzroy Industrial Walk

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: