Old particle board factory that has now been converted into a set of apartments.
“This building, constructed 1919, is only remarkable for its size and substantially intact facade. It has a bluestone base course, rough dressed all the way round, except for the little shop front on the corner with the splayed entrance door, where there is dressed bluestone and a perforated iron ventilating panel below the shop window. Bluestone piers surround the corner entrance. The shop windows have been replaced by a crude modern paning and the doors have also been replaced. The facade is surprising Victorian in detail. It is in face brick and the lower windows have fairly plain rectangular architraves. The upper windows have arched heads linked by a three way impost moulding, plain brackets below the sills and simple keystones. Above the window at the top there is a simple cornice. On the Holden Street side there is an intact arched entrance way into the stables, whereas on the Rae Street side there have been some alterations: a former arch has been replaced by a large rectangular opening with a concrete lintel and some upper floor windows have been inserted adjoining the shop. This shop was constructed for Moran and Cato, Importers and Manufacturers. From 1905 Moran and Cato owned this site, and operated this site, and operated extensive stabling at this location, until 1919 when the present building was constructed.” (North Fitzroy Conservation Study 1978, p.96 and the Cyclopedia of Victoria 1903-1905, Vol 1. p. 514) (Glossary)