“A modest church, constructed in 1874 to the design of Percy Oakden of Terry and Oakden Architects. The brick façade is decorated by contrasting bricks at the window heads and openings, with moulded bricks used as modillions under the side eaves. Colonettes with capitals flank the west door with the label mould above terminating abruptly without crockets. The buttresses are stepped out with cement cappings and the bell tower rises up through the front gable terminating in a cast iron cross. The study undertaken by M.B. Leis on this building fully analysis the history and architectural composition. Whilst this church is the first in this manner by Percy Oakden there are numerous more important examples of his polychrome ecclesiastic work. These are competently summarised in the report (North Fitzroy Conservation Study, 1978). (Glossary)
Terry & Oakden also designed the Wesleyan Church (The Age, 12 Mar 1886).
This is now the Uniting Church.