406 Napier Street, Fitzroy (The Rose Hotel)

“Opened in 1886, the hotel, if indeed built in that year, displays amazing restraint in the use of decoration save for the free standing pediment above the parapet and cornice – however, the semi-circular arch over the windows are contemporary” (Hotels in Fitzroy up to 1906, Nicola A Piccolo, 1971).

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: