366 Napier St, Fitzroy (Paper Box Factory)

“The single storey brick building was built in about 1890 for the proprietor of the American Candy Co., MacPherson Robertson. It was later occupied by Walter H. Hooper, as a paper box factory in 1900. Subsequently it was taken over by the Fitzroy Box Factory by 1920 which is believed to have been a subsidiary of MacRobertsons producing fancy cardboard packages for the confectionery works” Lina Favrin – Yarra Past Port

Image held by Fitzroy Library. Taken from the Collingwood and Fitzroy illustrated Directory and Handbook, 1905.
A floor in the Fitzroy Box Factory. Here all of the boxes required for the various MacRoberso’s confections are manufactured. – Making it Happen, The Rise of Sir MacPherson Robertson, George Taylor, 1934, p120.
The American Candy Co., 157 Kerr Street (cnr. Napier St.) – Fitzroy Industrial Walk

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: