“This group of three terrace houses erected in 1888 is an extreme example of an externally near intact arcaded terrace. The terrace comprised of two levels of almost identical design – Corinthian columns supporting a semi-circular arcade. The columns however are wider on the ground floor. In both cases the arch is defined by a simple architrave moulding and in the space subtended above a decorative motif. There is a balustrade to the first floor. The parapet employs a cut out oval frieze and central pediment, with urns over the party walls. The pediment of the left terrace is missing as is the urn on the extreme right. The overall sense of intactness is heightened by the cast iron single palisade fence set between a series of rendered dividing fences with graceful curves and rendered fence posts. The group provides a very strong streetscape element on account of its dominant scale and the elaborate nature of surfaces and spaces” (North Fitzroy Conservation Study, 1978). (Glossary)
The first owner was Henry Bond.