In the late 1830s the land of Fitzroy was subdivided into 12 sections. Section 85 which was mostly swamp, was the last to be subdivided. In 1876, a plan for the subdivision of the block bordered by Cecil St (N), Young St (W), Westgarth St (S) and Napier St (E) – which was land owned by JM Smith was created.
While the original plan had 7 dwellings on this site (lots 5-11), only 6 houses were built, each as a pair with only one party wall between the pair. It is a shame that this one does not have its name anymore.