In the late 1830s the land of Fitzroy was subdivided into 12 sections. Section 85 which was mostly swamp, was the last to be subdivided. In 1876, a plan for the subdivision of the block bordered by Cecil St (N), Young St (W), Westgarth St (S) and Napier St (E) – which was land owned by J.M. Smith was created.
This is lot 4 on the diagram below.