These two buildings were part of the W. and A. Bennetts and Son, Ironmongers. The complex of multiple buildings (including these two) incorporated the whole Brunswick St and Moor Street corner. You can read more about W. and A. Bennetts on the post for 184-188 Brunswick St.
“The premises comprise the splendid buildings, No.s 184 to 188 fronting Brunswick St, Fitzroy and include offices and stores 25 by 80 feet. Adjoining is a large, new, three storied brick shop, 40×90 feet, used as a retail department, also for supplying the city and suburban wholesale trade. At the rear of the latter is a commodious building 40 x 130 feet, running through to Moor-street, used principally for the country trade and as a packing room for bulk goods. Next to this there is another structure, 25 x 100 feet containing iron racks and paint shop. On the opposite side of Moor-street is another building 75×56 feet for storage of bulk goods as well as another 40 x 100 feet for storage of galvanised iron and other heavy goods, supplied with an overhead traveller.” The Leader Newspaper, 8 February 1896