Initially located at 93 & 95 Smith Street, prior to the streets being renumbered. The Brooks Building was built in 1885 and consists of a pretty double fronted shop.
This was the location in 31 December 1885 of The Fitzroy Furnishing Co, located in the Brooks Building. It advertises carpet, pianos, organs, iron bedsteads, cots and bedding. (The Fitzroy City Press, 31 Dec 1885).