Delbridge Street, is named for Edward Delbridge, councillor for eleven years from 1864 and Mayor in 1866. Edward built a number of notable terraces in Moor, John and Kerr Streets in Fitzroy. He lived around this area and attended the Wesley Methodist Church in King William Street. His business was the Delbridge Stone Works on the corner of Young and Charles Street which was taken over by Stone’s Timber Yard after Edward Delbridge’s death in 1887. More can be found on Edward Delbridge in the post on the Delbridge Stone Works.