62 Bell Street, Fitzroy

“The brick building was built in about 1886 for boot manufacturers, Samuel Lang & Co. Mr Lang was the manager of the well-known “Ezywalkin Boot Factory” where he later sold his shoes through their 34 retail outlets in Melbourne and regional Victorian towns. By 1900, the building had been taken over by T. Davis, another boot manufacturer, followed by Howgate & Hellings, who had previously operated the “Phoenix Boot Factory” in Dorset St., Collingwood. During the 1920s and 30s, the building was used by Spicer Shoe Co. Pty. Ltd., a well known Collingwood shoe manufacturers. The site was later occupied by D. Ellerton, a slipper manufacturer, until the early 1970s” Lina Favrin – Yarra Past Port

Realestatecom.au view – 2004
Google Image – July 2019

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: