408 Gore Street, Fitzroy

“Started at the back of his mother’s small cottage in Argyle Street, MacPherson Robertson confectionery empire was well established in a single-storied timber factory at 145-9 Argyle Street by 1885. MacRobertson was one of the first manufacturers in Fitzroy to use electricity to drive all his machinery. By 1923, MacRobertson was making 700 different types of confectionery and by 1930, his Fitzroy works sprawled over 30 acres with 19 different buildings in which a total of 2,600 were employed.” (Lina Favrin – Yarra Past Port)

Google Image – Dec 2018
MacRobertson’s Confectionery Works, Gore & Kerr Streets. – Fitzroy Industrial Walk

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: