“This house was constructed in 1888 for William Holgate, an auctioneer. It is a polychrome triple fronted brick house with a polygonal bay window and an ogee profile verandah returning at one side. The brick eaves brackets are decorative, the iron frieze is of a late character and the chimneys are intact with cement render chimney tops. Internally a number of ceilings have been replaced in the 1930’s but some intact marbled slate fire places remain. Fence and gate piers not original. The house is a fine example of a polychrome detached villa and is of significance in a local context.” (North Fitzroy Conservation Study, 1978 p.105).
It appears that this house is no longer there.