182 Napier Street, Fitzroy (Buck’s Head Hotel)

The architects for this building were Austin & Co. in 1859 (South Fitzroy Conservation Society 1979, p.18).

The changes over time to this building are interesting, with the addition of features on the roofline from the very basic façade in the 1870’s (seen in the photo below) to the one today.

Buck’s Head Hotel, Cnr. Napier and Condell Street, Fitzroy. Image held by Fitzroy Library. c1878
Image held by Fitzroy Library. The Bucks Head Hotel was located on the Corner Napier & Condell Street. c1878
MMBW 1900
Committee for Urban Action (Melbourne, Vic.) 1970-1974 – Identifier CUAFY42/8 – (State Library)
Google Image – Jul 2019

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: