“This row of four houses was constructed in 1901-1902 for Margaret Munro. The name “Lethams Buildings” refers to Henry Letham, the owner of five earlier properties which occupied this site. Letham owned the buildings from 1866-1899. The buildings are of considerable interest for their intact tripartite window surrounds, freestone string courses at sill height and impost height to the first floor, bands of coloured bricks and unpainted cement trims. The bullnose verandah and openwork timber columns are the only visible clues to the late construction dates of these buildings.
This terrace is finely proportioned and well detailed, with intact elements including encaustic tiling to the verandah floor and pathways. However, it must be viewed as an Edwardian building reviving the austerity and classical elements of the earlier simple Victorian buildings. It would seem more desirable to register an early example of a Victorian terrace, rather than this later building which is not a true representative of its period or any particular style.” (South Fitzroy Conservation Study, 1979, p.124).