
“The building was built in about 1888 for a leading Fitzroy farrier, John Lancaster, as a branch works to compliment his main forge in Gertrude Street, Fitzroy. It is believed to have been the oldest surviving blacksmiths shop in Fitzroy. The building was then taken over by Lightning Panels in the 1950s and used as a panel beaters’ workshop.” Lina Favrin, Yarra Past Port
(Junior Cricket: Fitzroy La Mascotte v. South Yarra. Scene of the exciting play on Saturday at Smith Street Reserve, Fitzroy, The Australasian, 27 April 1901, p.26)
